This vegetarian and vegan quinoa salad recipe is surprisingly tasty and healthy! Though the recipe calls for cucumber, peppers, and tomatoes, feel free to experiment by adding different veggies such as zucchini, corn or even kale or spinach greens; there's really no wrong way to make a healthy quinoa salad!
- 4 cups water instead
- 1 1/2 cups raw whole grain quinoa
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 3 scallions, white & green parts, sliced thin
- 2/3 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make It
- First, cook the quinoa in water until it fluffs up, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the quinoa is cooking, whisk together the fresh lemon juice, olive oil, sliced scallions and salt and pepper.
- When the quinoa is finished cooking, allow to cool slightly, then, toss the quinoa with the vegetables and the lemon juice dressing mix, stirring to combine well. Add more salt and pepper to taste, and chill before serving if you have the time.